Home Residential Elevator Details
Have you considered the possibility that a home elevator may be just the thing you need to solve mobility challenges in your home?
When shopping for a residential elevator for your home, it is important to first determine the weight and size of the person and equipment to be transported. The following details must also be considered:
- Degree of mobility and weight of the individual to be transported
- Spatial requirements for an elevator
- Space availability and accessibility horizontally and vertically within the home
- Number of stops/floors accessed by the elevator
- Direction of entrance/exit to the elevator at each floor
- Availability of structural components necessary to support a vertical shaft, if required
Four Basic Types of Home Elevators
1. Two Stop Elevator: A two stop elevator (i.e. Savaria Telecab, wt. capacity 500 pounds, lift height 16 feet) that rides on a track supported by a load bearing wall and does not require a pit
2. Four Stop Elevator: A two-four stop elevator enclosed in a shaft (i.e. Savaria V1504, wt. capacity 750 pounds, lift height 23 feet)
3. Multi-stop Elevator: A multi-stop elevator does not require a machine room (i.e. Savaria Eclipse, wt. capacity 750 pounds, lift height 50 feet)
4. Vacuum Elevator: One final type of elevator, the Pneumatic Home Vacuum Elevator (PVE), is self supporting and uses minimal electricity as it employs gravity to descend. PVE offers three different models, ranging from single passenger to a three passenger, wheelchair-accessible model. Some of today’s popular elevator brands include Symmetry, Garaventa, Savaria, Harmar and Waupaca. (Image via Savaria Elevators)
Contact Stair Lifts Atlanta for more information about these and other stair lift, vertical platform lift and home elevator options for your home by telephone at 770.880.3405 or via our online contact form.