When purchasing a stair lift for your metro Atlanta or north Georgia home, take time to research stair lifts so that you can select the right lift for your home. One of the first questions you will be called upon to answer is, “Do your stairs require a curved stair lift?”
Answering this questions starts by determining your priorities. If cost is a concern, then finding an indoor or outdoor location at which you can install a straight stair lift, rather than a curved lift, will save a substantial amount of money. Custom designed and built curved stair lifts are significantly more expensive than straight stair lifts. If your indoor stair location requires that you install a curved or custom stair lift, you might consider locating the lift out-of-doors on a stair that is straight.
The Bruno Electra-Ride Straight Rail Stair Lift is a straight lift that is available in four models, one outdoor and three indoor models. These install easily and quickly, indoors or out. Be aware that if the straight stair has significantly irregular step dimensions, you may require a custom lift.
Three types of stairs that require a curved stair lift are:
- Switchback stairs: A stair that goes up 6 or 7 risers to a landing, then goes up another 6 or 7 steps to the next level.
- Curved stair: A stair that curves in a fixed radial pattern.
- Irregular straight stair: A straight stair that has one long step in the middle, or shifts in one direction part way up the stair.
Be cautious when shopping for stair lifts, and do thorough research of the manufacturers and models. There are many popular stair lift brands which vary in the following details:
- Stair lift quality
- Weight capacity ratings
- Ease of servicing
For information about stair lift selection and ordering, contact the experts at Stair Lifts Atlanta / Atlanta Home Modifications, LLC. We will help you answer the question, “Do your stairs require a curved stair lift?”
We will visit your home and assist you in making the best decision for you, your home and your loved ones. We specialize in disability equipment; stair lifts, platform lifts and residential elevators.
- Fast Facts About Straight and Curved Stairlifts for Atlanta Homes (atlantastairlifts.wordpress.com)
- Ten Useful Tips to Help You Care for Your Elderly Parents (epicahealth.com)
- Operate Your New Stair Lift by Remote Control (atlantastairlifts.wordpress.com)