Vertical platform lifts are a safe and convenient accessibility solution for an individual confined to a wheelchair, providing access to a raised deck, porch, or floor level within your home. This type of platform lift is for those persons experiencing difficulty transferring from their wheelchair to a stair lift seat, carrying the individual while seated in the wheelchair or scooter. The vertical platform lift is one of a variety of assistive technology tools available to those bound to a wheelchair or scooter. Vertical and inclined platform wheelchair lifts make it possible for a person to continue living a normal life in the comfort of their own home.
Stair Lifts Atlanta, LLC offers in-home assessment, information and stair lift prices for the installation of stair lifts, chair lifts, and vertical and inclined platform lifts to residents living in Metro Atlanta and North Georgia communities. Stair Lifts Atlanta conducts a free in-home assessment to evaluate the lift area and provide you with product information and stair lift prices for the installation of an ADA Georgia certified stair lift.
Types of Stair Lifts
- Straight Stair Lifts require the stair lift user to get in and out of the stair lift running straight from one floor to the next. Straight stair lifts can be installed within a few days of contacting Stair Lifts Atlanta.
- Curved Stair Lifts require the stair lift user to get in and out of the stair lift chair. It runs up a portion of stairs to a landing, and then up another portion of stairs, from one floor to the next. Curved stair lifts are custom made to fit the exact dimensions of your stair.
- Vertical Platform Lifts (VPL) carry the passenger vertically in their wheelchair or scooter. No transfer from the chair is required.
- Inclined Platform Lifts (IPL) carry the passenger in their wheel chair or scooter, vertically on an incline at the same angle as the stair. The inclined platform lift makes stairs accessible for the wheelchair bound individual.
- Outdoor Stair Lifts and wheelchair lifts are manufactured for outdoor installations, located at sidewalk access points between a vehicle parking location and a deck, porch or door location. (Images via Homecare/EZ-ACCESS, Sterling Handicare)
How Do Stair Lifts Work?
Stair lifts travel on tracks entirely supported on the treads of the stair. Powered from rechargeable batteries and direct current, the lift is able to continue functioning during a power outage. When not in use, the stair lift folds up to a narrow profile, opening up the stairway.
Stair Lift Selection: What Type of Lift Do You Need?
Please visit the Stair Lifts Atlanta, LLC website to read the three part analysis on “How to Select a Stair Lift”. Visit the “Straight or Curved Stair Lift?” page for information about how to choose between these two options; and the Stair Lifts Atlanta, LLC prices for more information.
Contact Stair Lifts Atlanta, LLC and we will assist you in the installation of a stair lift that is well-suited to meet your mobility needs. If you live in metro Atlanta or north Georgia, call us today at 770.880.3405 to set up an appointment with our Georgia certified stair lift specialist. You may also contact us through the online contact form below.